A REMARKABLE WOMAN PROGRAM
The Remarkable Women's Program was designed to be a small-group based women's ministry. It is a nine-month program in which the groups meet bi-weekly. By using this suggested meeting schedule, the participants have an opportunity to meditate on the word of God and to process the lessons from each unit. During the course of this nine-month journey, the women will bond and form a lasting sisterhood. In order to create a "safe zone" for each participate, it is suggested the group size be limited to 60 or fewer. This allows for a small intimate group setting. It is a powerful transformational study for women's ministry regardless of the size of the church.
The following units are covered in the workbook:
- Doing the Impossible – The unit encourages women to awaken God given dreams and to set spiritual and practical goals.
- A Look in the Mirror – The unit explores who you are in Christ. It is an intense look at who you really are by surveying your past, discovering who you are today and realizing a better you in the future.
- People Make the World Go Round – This unit explores relationships. It first deals with having a relationship with God and then moves into how to have a relationship with yourself. In additional to other relational encounters discussed in the workbook, there is a section titled, "Why Can't We Be Friends" that addresses how to be a good girlfriend.
- The Myth of the Superwoman – This unit explores choices, priorities and boundaries. The lessons in this unit look at learning how to say no, making self a priority and drawing the proverbial line in the sand that allows for boundaries.
- A Heart of Gold – This unit explores the fact that we are body, soul and spirit and that God commands that we take care of our body. It explores weight control, nutrition, mental health, personal appearance and other topics.
- Handling Your Pocketbook – This unit focuses on the financial status of "A Remarkable Woman." Some of the lessons in this unit include tithing, budgeting, investments, emotional spending and multiple streams of income.
- Leading with Grace – The unit explores the topic of leadership. The lessons look at Jesus on leadership, basic leadership characteristics, and woman-to-woman advice.
In addition to the workbook, there is a Facilitator's Guide which directs the group leaders through each lesson. Included in the Facilitator Guide is a Suggested List of Activities that enhances each of the lessons. Some of the suggested activities are taking photos at the beginning of the journey and again at the end enabling the participants to "see a better you", a spa day during the Heart of Gold unit and a retreat at the end of the nine-month journey.